The cheapest and most sustainable way to explore Düsseldorf
- Hop on right at the Hauptbahnhof (main railway station) and explore Düsseldorf by rental bike. (Subject to availability – the number of bicycles available for the DüsseldorfBikeCard is limited.)
- Discounts of up to 100% on around 60 offers, such as guided city tours, museums & souvenirs
- Cancellation free of charge up to 7 days before arrival
The DüsseldorfBikeCard is the cheapest and most sustainable way of exploring the Rhine metropolis. You get a rental bike, along with free or reduced entry to lots of museums.
Please note that opening hours of museums und institutes might change on public holidays.
Spring 2023 season start
Choose your DüsseldorfBikeCard:
Discounts of up to 100% on more than 60 offers
The DüsseldorfBikeCard includes a rental bicycle. A limited number of bicycles are available for the card. The collection and delivery of the bicycles takes place at our cooperation partner bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof. See the Questions below for all rental details.
- Aquazoo Löbbecke Museum (free entry)
- Filmmuseum Düsseldorf (free entry)
- Goethe-Museum Düsseldorf (free entry)
- Haus Bürgel / Roman fort (free entry)
- Carnival museum (reduced entry fee € 2.00)
- Heinrich-Heine-Institut (free entry)
- Hetjens-Museum/Deutsches Keramikmuseum (free entry)
- KAI | ARTHENA FOUNDATION (free entry)
- KIT - Kunst im Tunnel (free entry)
- Kunsthalle Düsseldorf (free entry)
- Kunstpalast (reduced entry fee)
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen K20 Grabbeplatz (reduced entry fee)
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen K21 Ständehaus (reduced entry fee)
- Kunstverein für die Rheinlande und Westfalen (free entry)
- Neanderthal Museum (€1.00 discount individuals, €2.00 discount families)
- NRW-Forum Düsseldorf (reduced entry fee)
- Sammlung Philara (50 % discount)
- SchifffahrtMuseum Düsseldorf (reduced entry fee € 1.50)
- Stadtmuseum Düsseldorf (free entry to the collections and Special Exhibitions)
- Stiftung Schloß und Park Benrath (reduced entry fee)
- Theatermuseum Düsseldorf (free entry to the exhibitions)
- Black Box (reduced entry fee €4.00)
- Classic Days - Festival of Culture & Motoring-Lifestyle (04.08.-06.08.-reduced entry fee 4 €)
- Deutsche Oper am Rhein (20 % discount)
- D´Haus - Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus (20 % discount)
- Düsseldorfer Marionetten-Theater (temporary closed)
- FFT Düsseldo (20 % discount)
- Komödie Düsseldorf (20 % discount)
- Roncalli’s Apollo Varieté (20 % discount on PK1 tickets)
- tanzhaus NRW (9 € reduction on stage events)
- Altbeer-Safari (10 % discount)
- Old Town guided tour (50 % discount)
- Old Town AR-Tour (20 % discount)
- Classic Remise Düsseldorf (10 % discount on guided tours)
- Craft beer & street food (20 % discount)
- Düsseldorf Food Tour (20 % discount)
- Düsseldorf in 120 minutes (50 % discount)
- HopOn HopOff CityTour (Discount: 3 €)
- KD Panorama Cruise Düsseldorf (20 % discount)
- Media Harbour tour (50 % discount)
- Rheinturm (€4 reduces entry fee)
- SEGWAY-Citytour (10 % discount)
- From the Modern to the Future (50 % discount)
- Christmas tour (20 % discount)
- Düsseldorf Souvernis (20 % discount)
Freizeitbad Düsselstrand (2 tickets for the price of one)
- Bakeries Josef Hinkel (50% discount of 500g of Black Forest bread)
- Mustard Shop (1 jar of Löwensenf extra mustard, 100ml)
- Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf (free dessert when you order a starter/main course at DOX)
- Lindt Boutique (10 % discount)
- Restaurant and brewery "Zum Schiffchen" (1 free Altbier in conjunction with a meal)
Detailed overview of all reduced and free offers.
Frequently asked questions
The DüsseldorfBikeCard is a one-day ticket.
You can pick up your bicycle at the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (main railway station), Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz exit, on the right-hand side.
You will need to present ID and sign a contract with the bike station relating to the DüsseldorfBikeCard Terms & Conditions which also covers questions of liability, etc. A deposit of €50 for the bicycle is currently required.
You will find the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof at the Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz exit; the telephone number is 0211 – 5144711.
Please make note of the opening hours:
March to October
Monday till Friday: 07:0 – 20:00
Sat, Sun, public holidays 10:00 – 18:00
From November to February the bike station is closed at weekends.
You are free to use alternative bikes, where available. There is a 7 euro surcharge per day/24 h card for a pedelec (e-bike) and a 13 euro daily surcharge for a tandem. A tandem can be hired on presentation of two DüsseldorfBikeCards. Please check in good time with the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof, whether the bikes you want are available.
Yes. All rental bicycles from the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof come with a frame lock and also with chain locks. You will be informed at the bike station about how to lock the bike securely.
The rental bikes are fitted with high-quality tyres, with anti-puncture protection. However, if you should still suffer a flat tyre, the bike station will make every effort to assist. Please contact the Service Desk of the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof.
If the bike is returned after the rental period has expired, your rental charge will be extended for a further day. Please contact the bike station at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof without delay to discuss how to proceed.
All bikes come with a lock and instructions on how to lock them correctly. Any damage or theft must be reported immediately.
Unfortunately, that is not possible. The discounts always relate to the standard price.
The user names are required when booking because the DüsseldorfCard is personal and non-transferable.
No. The DüsseldorfBikeCard is personal, so it is non-transferable. After booking, the user name can no longer be changed.
Once payment has been made, no changes can be made.